Front Office Assistant
High school graduate or GED required
As the first and last impression that a patient experiences when visiting our clinics, this person must be a caring and friendly individual who is truly concerned with the welfare of the patients. They will also serve as a liaison between patient and medical support staff. This position requires flexible availability. Our clinics are open extended hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Qualified candidates will have open availability and will be able to work early mornings, late evenings, weekends and/or holidays. This position will offer around 40 hours per week.
Knowledge of business office procedures. Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type patient information. Skill in operating a computer, photocopy machine, fax machine, adding machine, credit card machine, and other typical office machinery. Skill in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner. Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
- Greets and registers patients in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. Verifies and obtains necessary information, and records in the medical record and/or computer. Enters necessary data into computer program. Assist patients with ambulatory difficulty.
- Makes copies of all I.D.’s and insurance cards.
- Basic assessment of patient needs, if urgent - alerts appropriate medical staff.
- Answers telephone, screen calls, take messages, transfers calls, and provides basic information.
- Assists patients in obtaining necessary referrals and authorizations.
- Compiles patient chart, runs encounter forms, and completes chart with necessary contents.
- Collects co-pays, deductibles and patient pays.
- Calculates and enters charge data into computer system.
- Oversees waiting area, coordinates patients’ movement, reports problems or irregularities.
- Makes copies and keeps supply of necessary forms.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing faxes.
- Attends all related staff meetings.
- Performs related work as required.
- Files chart contents daily in appropriate sections of patient charts and keeps charts in proper order.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for information.
- May be required to assist in CPR or OSHA issues.
- Stays current on all policy changes, handbook changes, and communication log entries.
- Responsible for cleaning, vacuuming, dusting and emptying trash of kitchen, patient waiting room, reception area and offices. May be asked to assist with bathrooms, patient rooms, parking lot, etc.
Free Clinic Care at ALL of our locations
Short Term Disability/Accidental Death And Dismemberment
Voluntary Life Insurance
Paid Time Off