No appointment necessary!
Do your part to prevent the spread of influenza by getting a flu shot at Family Medical Walk-In Clinics’ Springfield, Nixa, and Republic, MO or our Rogers and Springdale, AR locations.
Are you at risk?
Influenza is a serious illness. According to the Centers for Disease Control, in an average year, 5 to 20 percent of the population will get the flu. In a typical year, influenza causes more than 36,000 deaths and more than 200,000 hospitalizations in the United States alone. It can affect people of any age, but most deaths are among those in the 65+ age group.
Older people, young children, and those with certain health conditions are at high risk for serious flu complications. These complications often include bacterial pneumonia, ear infections, sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic medical conditions.
Who should get a flu shot?
The Centers for Disease Control recommends that you should get vaccinated if:
You want to decrease your risk of influenza.
You are at high risk for complications from the flu:
- Children aged 6 months until their 5th birthday
- Pregnant women
- People 50 years of age and older
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
- People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
You live with or care for those at high risk for complications from the flu, including:
- Household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu (see above)
- Household contacts and out-of-home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age (these children are too young to be vaccinated)
- Health care workers
If you have questions about whether you should get a flu vaccine, consult one of Family Medical Walk-In Clinics’ medical professionals.
DID YOU KNOW???
Members of Affordable Care Solutions pay a reduced rate for office visits and, when vaccine is available, can receive a flu shot at no additional charge!
Click here to learn about this and other member benefits!